// Student Volunteer
As a student volunteer at EuroVis you are a part of the most important visualization conference in Europe. You will get a chance to hear and meet world-class as well as next-generation researchers as this conference brings together the best and brightest within the field of visualization. This is a golden opportunity to build a network of research colleagues.
The student volunteers are crucial to make the EuroVis conference a good experience for the participants. The conference depends on the student volunteers acting as the staff at the various conference events and in lecture rooms. The student volunteer program needs reliable, hardworking, and enthusiastic students to help us make EuroVis 2019 a memorable event for all attendees.
// Application Period
The student volunteer application system is open until April 7th. The first draft of accepted applicants will be notified via email on April 14th and all other applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
Applicants must be enrolled in a Bachelor, Master, or PhD study program during the 2019 academic year. Selected volunteers will be requested to provide a proof of enrolment.
// Selection Guidelines
Every year the conference receives a lot of worthy student volunteer applications, but the number of positions available is limited. The following considerations will influence selections:
- Success as student volunteer at previous conferences.
- Preference is given to PhD students, though we encourage every student to apply.
- The number of volunteers from each institution may be limited to ensure broad participation.
- Languages spoken by the applicants. Excellent English is required, some volunteers speaking Portuguese will be needed as well.
In exchange for approximately 20 hours of work, student volunteers will receive several attractive benefits:
- Free EuroVis registration, including lunches and social events.
- EuroVis 2019 proceedings on a USB stick.
To apply for volunteering at EuroVis 2019, please select the button bellow and fill out the application form.APPLY FOR VOLUNTEERING
For more information, contact the EuroVis 2019 Student Volunteers Chair António Baía Reis from the University of Porto via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.